- Exploring the genre/art of wordless story telling
the Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick, The Arrival by Shaun Tan or maybe, Flotsam by David Wiesner
- Prompt/response for writing poetry or interpretive stories
- Great foundation for conversations about friendship or the irony of isolation brought on technology
- Comparative paper on life in the 21st century versus another era (I have to interject that this idea reminds me of an interview I once heard on NPR with centenarians about the biggest changes they had witnessed over the course of their lives and someone had responded by saying that air-conditioning was one of the biggest changes, claiming it caused people to withdraw. She said that people no longer sat on porches and interacted with neighbors, instead they had retreated inside their homes.)
- Teaching inference skills (identifying clues and information used to inform our reasoning)
However you choose to use to this short, you can't lose. It's a winner and I predict it will invoke some incredible work.